Wednesday, June 27, 2012
120627 MTV The Show Recording + A-JAX 1st Album 'One 4 U' (Signed Special Promotional CD) Posted at 9:33 PM 0 comments (+)
I swore to myself I wasn't going to skip classes to chase idols (flying to Japan for THSK concert notwithstanding), and maintained that promise throughout the last semester even throughout the SHINee comeback, but caved today - A-JAX Daum Cafe's notice of 4 signed CDs (plus 1 polaroid) up for grabs for those who turn up this morning for the 9am pre-recording at MTV The SHOW was too enticing. In case you didn't know, the CD itself is super-rare - I'm sure I'll be able to get their signatures some day, at a fansign eventually, but this CD wasn't even released for public sales - they only produced a limited amount for promotional and publicity purposes at the various media and television status, so I really wanted it! During their debut week, on 2 different occasions, they were giving away 2 CDs each at their Music Core (signed) and Mnet Countdown (unsigned) debut, but I wasn't in Korea at that time, and at the Arirang "Simply K-pop" recording last week, the TV station staff was giving one away too, and there were a bit too many A-JAX fans for it to be settled by a simple "Kawi-Bawi-Bo"(scissors-paper-stone), so she asked for the "Nai jeil maneun saram", which I thought meant "oldest person", ie. me (I was correct, actually), but I wasn't 100% sure at that time so didn't dare to yell out to her, and hence I lost the chance to get it, as she went back to settling it via scissors-paper-stone in the end. I've been regretting it ever since, so I figured that it being a weekday morning, there should be not many fans turning up and I stand a good chance (most of the other fans are students, and they specifically stated no school uniforms are allowed at the venue, Club Answer). Moreover I seem to be enjoying a streak of good luck recently, having won the signed poster, bumping into SHINee's Choi Minho in school etc, so I was praying it'll continue.

So I impulsively skipped classes this morning and arrived at 8.55am in front of Club Answer, 5 minutes before the gathering time, and saw only 3 other fans there. "REALLY!? Then this is a sure-get!" I thought to myself.

Fat hope.

10 minutes later, more than 10 fans all turned up, a few who had came earlier and texted the A-JAX staff lady then gone off to get breakfast etc. So in between 15 or so of us... I was freaking out about my chances of winning it. After getting my number, #6, we hung around and waited. A-JAX arrived at 9.17am - Jaehyung was the first to get off, fiddling with his hood, and he stopped to wait for  Seung Jin behind him and went into the venue without turning around - I didn't call out his name aloud, as it was early and I figured they're still tired, so I didn't want to be screaming like a banshee at them... Hyeong Kon was next, he looked like he just woke up, or didn't have his contact lenses on yet - he squinted at us blearily, sticking his head out a little then waved hesistantly. I totally burst out laughing at the sight, and the couple of Japanese fans there were like "Is he ok?" and I just told them: "He's just... really sleepy! Lol." (At Show Champion last week, some friends who got there earlier told me that when the A-JAX car came in, Hyeong Kon was sleeping too, and it was 1-2pm-ish already... lol. He's like me I guess, the rocking motion of a moving car is like an irresistable lullaby calling me to dreamland. Plus most of these idol groups go back to the company and practise after their TV promotions, till 2am or something I heard... it's not an easy life.) At this point, I realised something - their hair is all pitch-black now! (with the exception of Yun Young who was still a brunette). For Jaehyung its not that obvious, esp, since his hair might be damp and hence look darker after just having showered or something, but for Leader, it's SUPER obvious, from bleached bottle blond to full black. Together with the black muscle wifebeaters they all wore, it was super cool. Anyway, after that was diligent and energetic Hyo Jun - he turned around, smiled, bowed and waved at us! After him, Sungmin and Seungyeop zoomed right into the venue, followed by Yun Young who also looked back and waved at us. From what I could see, the boys have not done their make-up yet, and their hair was all clipped done at the sides, so it was... half-done, I guess? ^^;; And most of them were looking pretty tired still - you can clearly tell who's a morning person, and who is not. Haha.

Anyway, we went back to waiting outside while the boys were getting ready inside - then came the moment of reckoning - the A-JAX fanstaff lady used a random number generator application on her phone to 'draw lots' for the prize winner! Before starting, she said something about them not being signed, and the korean girls were like )($(#%)$%$  while I was thinking "I'm sure I read on the daum cafe that it's signed...?" but with my lousy korean, even if I asked I won't understand her explanation, probably, so I didn't bother. Anyway, I figured she was just teasing the fans, the CDs are not signed YET, but it's something she can remedy easily later. So yes, she got going, and #10, #12, and #11 got picked and I was like... X_X, then next was #6. I was totally numbed by now and thinking that my chances are gone, so I just looked around me to see who got it - somehow, I thought I was #4, and the girl beside me (#5), pointed at me and said "that's you!" and I stupidly looked at my wrist for 3 seconds.... then went "OH MY GAWDDDD!!!!!! I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!" XD

SEE? MY SIXTH SENSE WORKS, SOMETIMES!!!

Anyway, the staff lady took down the names and contact details of the winners, and said she'll pass the prizes to us later tonight at the actual live as she don't have them SIGNED yet. I was quite torn, as I wanted to go to Show Champion where A-JAX is also appearing and audience can usually communicate with the guests as they are seated at the sides of the audiences while awaiting the talk segments, but I also have to be back at MTV The Show for the CD... (I wasn't sure if she would keep it to pass it to us another time). I tried to ask the staff lady, and she fired back a whole army of korean that I really didn't catch, but I understood enough to know she meant "of course here!", and I had the feeling she was complaining about "Show Champion not giving A-JAX any fanseats this week, so let's just boycott them... " something along these lines. (I'm a pretty good reader of body language and stringing together random vocab to figure out the overall meaning - years of translating manga, from when I was a beginner japanese language learner, helps!).

So yeah, we went in for A-JAX's pre-recording, and #6 turned out to be a blessing in disguise, AGAIN - we were told to fill up the audience space from the left, so #1 and 2 had to be at the sides instead, and #3-5 ran to buy drinks, so I was 3rd to go in, and because I was trying to leave a bit of space for #3-5 - so I was SMACK in the center. The boys soon came down from the 2nd floor's waiting space, I annyeong-ed all of them but once Jaehyung appeared, my eyes were reverted to him and him only. And as usual, upon spotting me, he gave a little wave and a smile, and  I asked him "Bap Meoggeoseo? (Have you eaten?)"and he shook his head with a little pout. So cute - but poor thing. Having probably woken up at 7-ish to change and do their hair and not eaten by 10 plus? They must be pretty hungry. ><" So Operation "Pass Him Milk" came to mind, as milk is my own "go-to" quick fix when hungry, and I kinda regretted not chiong-ing to go stand at the side of the stage, on the stairs as I had for U-Kiss last week, as from that spot I can pass them stuff as they are going off-stage. Today, Juniel fans, who entered after us - basically, just 2 guys and 4 FNC female staff, went there hesitantly when the guard asked some of us to go over and fill out that spot so that there are 'audience' there to be captured at certain camera angles. Anyway, when they were about to start, I mouthed to him "Fighting!" and did the little fist pump, and he nodded. So the first round, camera rehearsal, started and .... HOLY SH*T! I never realised just how LOW the stage here was - it was at my stomach level, ie. ~0.8m, and only 1m away! You know how when the song first starts the boys are standing sorta further back then move forward? Because of that, I didn't realise how close they would get at first, but when Hyeong Kon kneeled down and slided forward, I was like O_O and then when Jaehyung came out and took center spot for his first solo? I was screaming at the top of my lungs - not just the usual cheering support whoops, but the "OMG I NOW HAVE THE PERFECT EXCUSE TO SCREAM WHILE SPAZZING OUT AND MENTALLY ON MY WAY TO HEAVEN" screams. He was smack in front of me. I swear I nearly died - I've been in front center during M-Countdown and Music Core pre-recording before, but those stages are higher, so my eye-level was at their feet and I had to look upwards, but this time it was practically at (*whispers*) crotch level. (But no, I swear I was looking at their faces! After all, who can resist Jaehyung's face!?) Anyway it felt like it was a personal performance for me or something!! *_* The boys were looking right in my direction for the whole performance, probably at the center camera behind me, to be honest, but I was pretty sure Hyo Jun, Hyeong Kon, and of course Jaehyung had eye contact with me multiple times. Jaehyung, in particular, with his big soulful eyes is a total killer... T_T Jaehyung-ah... don't do this to noona, noona will get 'electrocuted' and become obsessed with you...  *slaps herself out of her spazzing mood*

After that, the boys had a few minutes to catch their breathes, wipe perspiration, repair their make-up, drink some water etc before doing the actual recording, while I kneeled down, grabbed the milk in my bag and a marker and wrote Jaehyung's name on it and signed off with mine. When the boys were done, Yun Young went to the back of the stage and peered over the divider to check out the DJ's console, he's like a curious little kid, and Jaehyung just hung around making small motions to mentally rehearse his dance steps, just like he usually does. Hyeong Kon's eyes met mine when he was looking around at the fans to say hi, and I pointed to my head (to indicate hair) and gave him a thumbs-up, he was like "??" looks around behind him to see if I was speaking to someone else, and upon seeing no one else looking at me, he gave me a "What, me?" face, and I nodded furiously and pointed directly at him, mouthing "kkamansek (black)" and motioning to his hair again. I think he finally got it, coz he smiled and mini-bowed a bit. Haha. I'm sure he knew I wasn't his fan, as he had seen me too many times but I called out for him, only Jaehyung's (plus Jaehyung's name on my cellphone LED screen), so probably he's a little surprised I would talk to him. Lol.

Anyway, the actual recording went very smoothly, one round and it was done! They left the stage very fast to make way for Juniel after that, so I didn't manage to get close enough at all to pass him the milk. And we were requested to stay and help provide fan support for Juniel, so I was kinda worried that A-JAX might leave in the meantime through some back route. But luckily, after Juniel was done, we were allowed out and saw that A-JAX's cars were still parked outside! We were offered the choice to stay and join the audience for JJ Project and Dalmation's pre-recording too, it was 11pm by then and I would have missed 3 time-checks for classes today, ie. equivalent to an 'absent' so I figured I might as well stay... besides, those that did not want to was told to leave, and though they tried to hang around nearby to see A-JAX coming out, the guard made them go at least 15metres away. ><" Me and my japanese fellow A-JAX fan were told to join the end of the JJ Project line, about 5m away from the car, we tried to discretely inch forward but the guard saw us and made us get back in line. X_X Just as the line was about to move off to enter the club again, A-JAX came out! Too bad the guard was too alert and immediately stopped us since he knew we 3 A-JAX fangirls were there, the JJ Project fans couldn't care less, and he played chicken with my friend who wanted to go pass Seungjin some mentos and her letter. I couldn't get past him either and I didn't want to get into a tussle with him and piss him off. When I saw Jaehyung I called his name and was thrusting out my arms with the milk, and he was just staring and looking a bit perplexed and not knowing what to do as he was already in the car, but luckily the A-JAX staff lady went to the car to pass the boys the fangifts she had collected earlier and I quickly motioned to her, passed the milk to her and she turned around and passed it in turn to Jaehyung. So I saw it went into Jaehyung's hands, was satisfied, and called out a quick "eat well!" then went into the club to not further hold up the line and piss the guard off.

For the JJ Project and Dalmation recording, once again I was standing on the staircase, so I could greet them all and as they were filing off-stage, I shook JJ, JB, and 2 of the Dalmation members' hands. My impression is that JJ is a lot friendier, as he greeted us happily and stuck out his arm happily for hi-fives and handshakes while JB looked a bit glum. It was also quite funny as between takes, the JYP coordi came with needles and threads to sew down the necklace pendant onto JJ's shirt - I suppose it flew up and whacked his face, what with their furious dancing. Heck, with such a big pendant, probably having it swinging and hit your chest is also painful. Lol.

So at 1210 or so, all was done, I found a Ediya's Coffee cafe nearby and went in to camp inside for the next 7 hours - ordering a chocolate chip flatticinno and later, a over-priced 2800won maple-belgium-waffle. Did my homework, studied for the class I've missed, and spent 2 hours labouring over my first korean letter, ever, for Jaehyung - and went back to Club Answer at 7.00pm. (we were supposed to be back by 730pm but I wasn't 100% sure, so erred on the side of caution...) At 7.40-ish, we saw A-JAX car pulling up and A-JAX alighted and went into the venue, this time in white singlets. ^^ The boys really are showing off their ams a lot. So we went in at almost 8pm eventually, dance music was playing, I was in the 2nd row after the Touch(??) fans, and we were briefed to move backwards after our own artists have performed to make way for those in the back. Great system... in theory. But more on that later. Anyway, as we were waiting, I kept looking upwards, as I figured the boys will pop up anytime upstairs, and true enough they soon did. I was pretty close and had a good angle, so I waved, Jaehyung spotted me pretty soon and gave me a beautiful smile, the brightest I've seen all week. <3 I asked if he's eaten his dinner (this time, by miming the action of eating) and he nodded. Which is a relief to hear, phew. Anyway it was a pretty long wait, I met his eyes and grinned at him a few times, and was kinda embarassed as I was bopping along to the music, but he did the same for a bit too! So we kinda grinned at each other. Haha. Felt like trolling him by asking him "shall we go dance together?", lol, but since my korean is not good enough yet to be sure of how to phrase that question, it'll probably just be awkward and embarassing for me, so I gave up. Only after super long did I realise that I can try using my whiteboard (I'm not stupid enough to go yelling up at the top of my lungs to him), and I wrote "Drank the milk?" and showed him - he saw me with the board, knew it was for him immediately, so leaned down, squinted to read it, then grinned and gave me the "OK!" hand sign. Oh boy. That made my day. ^^

So the performance started, I have no impression remaining of Touch's song, some random comedic duo was next, followed by Len (whom I had seen and was quite impressed by at Arirang), and after that, A-JAX! I was in front row, slightly off-center this time, but still had an excellent view. Jaehyung smiled at me and a couple of other fans too, then all-too-soon, their performance was over and there was a mad rush by the JJ Project fans to move forward without giving us SOME space to move back. Aish. Silly fangirls, there's no need to be in such a hurry - the switchover for this program is really slow, and before JJ Project, Juniel and VIXX took to the stage! However I think the latter had close to 0 fans there tonight - did all go to Show Champion instead? - and poor them had to perform to a pretty unresponsive and non-interested audience. The 2 JJ Project fangirls who took the spot I had vacated just kept looking around, up towards the 2nd floor, or whispering to each other, despite the fact that they were in front row and VIXX was performing right in front of them so they were being really rude. I tried to ask if they can move aside and exchange spots with me for VIXX's remaining portion but they either couldn't hear me over the music, or pretended not to. So I had to position myself between their heads, behind, and was moving along and mouthing the words to "Superhero". Poor boys were doing their best, An and Hongbin were trying to grin like usual, but I could tell it's kinda forced, so I tried my best to catch their eyes and show some support for them. And yup, our eyes met and you can tell they perked up a little upon seeing a somewhat-familiar face appreciating their performance (I'm sure our eyes met before at MCountdown and Show Champion, so they might recognise me? Maybe?)  So after JJ Project's portion was done, we were motioned out by the guards, and luckily, A-JAX car was still outside - I thought they might have left already, since Touch did halfway through earlier - and was relieved - so I sorta positioned myself out of sight of the club entrance, behind a staff lorry parked nearby, and told the other 2 japanese girls with me to do so too, while waiting for A-JAX. And soon enough, the boys came out, I walked forward with my letter but the guard was there stopping us from getting within 1 metres of the car. Luckily, this time Jaehyung came out earliest but did not climb into the car seat immediately - he usually sits on the outside - so I called his name, waved my letter at him, then motioned to the guard who was stopping me. AND HE KINDLY STEPPED FORWARD, STRETCHED OUT HIS HAND TO TAKE IT, AND I LOOKED AT THE GUARD WITH A TRIUMPHANT "SEE? HE WANTS IT, SO YOU CAN'T STOP ME! I'M NOT UNWANTED HARASSMENT!" LOOK and closed the distance to pass the letter right into Jaehyung's hands, and THE GUARD COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! MUAHAHA!

So I was pretty much very happy at this point, and to add to my euphoric rush, the fanstaff came out and called for the winners, waving the CDs around, so I immediately grabbed mine and hugged it to my chest as I strutted back towards the subway station to head home - well, after letting my newfound japanese friends take a few photos of it. =P

So, presenting to you:
A-JAX 1st Single "ONE 4 U" (Special Promotional CD)

Front of Album with Signatures!

CD and booklet cover

Leader-sshi, Hyeong Kon

Jae Hyung-ah~!

Yun Young

Hyo Jun

Sung Min

Seung Jin

Seung Yeop

Lyrics

Credits

Back of album with
cool holographic
A-JAX logo cut-out
I alrealy have a black marker that I carry everywhere with me, perhaps I should get a silver one too... I want my name to be written out on the album too, and I think I probably would get a chance to request that in the future...

Labels: ,

About
Welcome to Spring Treasure, an international blog dedicated to A-JAX!

Owned by a crazy Jaehyung fan living in Seoul (but i like and will update for every member).

All photos/videos are taken by me unless stated otherwise.

PLEASE DO NOT RE-EDIT ANY MEDIA, ESP REMOVAL OF WATERMARKS.

DO NOT REUPLOAD ANY VIDEOS OR FANACCOUNTS.

ALWAYS CREDIT WHEN RE-POSTING ANYTHING.

Please feel free to leave your comments in any of the following languages:
English, Korean(한국어), Japanese(日本語), Chinese (中文).

Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.