Monday, September 3, 2012
120902 - Dream Team 2 Recording (A-JAX Hyeong Kon, VIXX Ken) Posted at 9:43 AM 0 comments (+)
Location: Outside KBS Hall at Youeido

I rushed over from the FT Island Concert, so I didn't manage to be among the seated audience for the recording of the opening ><". In fact, when I arrived 10 mins after the recording started, I just barreled right past the line of waiting fans and walked right up to the recording area as I was looking for my friends that were there for VIXX, past the artistes waiting, and was like... "O_o, isn't that Hyeong Kon? And Ken? Why are they right here where fans can just come disturb them anytime? Where's the manager and guards?" ^^;; Then the guards came and asked me if I was staff, and if not, I shouldn't be where I was, can I please go join the line of fans waiting, more seats will be available after the opening portion is over... Oops.


From where we were waiting, the view of the recording itself was blocked but we saw their bio information come up on screen - height, weight etc. After the opening recording ended, they asked us waiting fans to move in, the audience was seated on 3 sides surrounding a water pool and the 4th side was the artistes' sitting area. I was on their left, at the topmost row, but that meant I had a good angle and could see the artistes waiting area clearly, so I was fine with it. ^^ The minute I sat down I hunted for Hyeong Kon and glued my eyes to him, and when he glanced over I stuck my trusty A-JAX fan out and waved it furiously so he spotted me immediately, grinned and waved back. ^^

Hyeong Kon was initially on the blue team, for the wrestling game. We all know how uri leader is all manly and mascular right? Well, on Dream Team, with the exception of VIXX's Ken, and Chaosingsung's Geon Il, plus Shorry J, he's the 'slimmest' member there. And this recording's challenge is not an obstacle course, it's WATER WRESTLING. T_T They tied a strap around each competitor's waist and thighs, and you're supposed to yank your opponent off their feet and the first one that lands in the water loses.

Unfortunately, there were only about 3 A-JAX fans there that I noticed. ><" VIXX Ken had a whole lot more, at least 20, though the numbers dwindled as the night wore on. By 12am most had left and only 8-ish were left.


KIM HYEONG KON - MATCH 1
Hyeong Kon's first match up was against VIXX Ken - at first they interviewed him, asked him who he wanted to challenge, he said Dream Team Ace, Ricky! O_o I was like... oh man. Really? Match-ups of the hottest guys around? I'll DIE. Then the MC said something about being an idol and new and stuck him in with Ken instead. Haha. Ken is in no way mascular, so I breathed a sign of relief. ^^; The match was quite hilarious - you have to make your opponent land in the water for 2 times to win. Instead of flipping the other guy, Hyeong Kon's method is to just dash forward like a bulldozer until the other guy fall over.  So this was how the match went:
Round 1: Hyeong Kon dashed forward, Ken was resisting with all his might but to not much avail, until the pair hit the wall and Ken slipped and went down.
- Hyeong Kon: 1, Ken: 0 -
Round 2: Hyeong Kon dashed forward, Ken was pushed back, and because Hyeong Kon had his hands on the strap around Ken while Ken was trying to keep his back and legs straight in order to not go down, somehow Hyeong Kon just lifted Ken right up and the next thing we know, Ken was sitting on the side of the pool with Hyeong Kon between his legs. XDD Combined with Ken's O_O? expression when his butt landed on the side of the pool and he found himself just sitting there, the audience, especially the VIXX fans, nearly rolled out of their seats with laughter. Even the MC later asked Ken: "How did it felt so be carried and seated on a poolside by another guy?" (alluding to the romance novels/movie scenes where a passionate encounter starts off with the female lead seated on a poolside or table top by the male lead and R-rated action starts....  ) *exploded in hilarity*
 - Hyeong Kon: 1, Ken: 0 - (invalid)
 
Round 3: Repeat of Round 1, ie. bulldozer Hyeong Kon and Ken bowed right over once he hit the wall and had nowhere else to retreat.
- Hyeong Kon: 2, Ken: 0 -
 
HYEONG KON WINS!
 
P.S. When the two was introduced and about to start their faceoff, he started doing body waves. *rotfl~* (Boy, if you're trying to be sexy, just lose that black singlet inside....)
 
 
 
Before everyone moved on to the 2nd round, they asked them to meditate/think, then vote for who will be the 'weakest one' of those that are proceeding into the 2nd round - I think Hyeong Kon got 2 votes, someone else got 3 votes (Geon Il?), 1 other person got 1 vote... I'm not surprised. Everyone else were beefcakes. ^^;;  VIXX Ken was being all relaxed as he did not have to compete or worry about being dunked into water anymore. Haha.
 
MATCH 2:
 



 
For some unfanthomable reason, Hyeong Kon picked the bear-like man pictured beside to be his next opponent. X_x I mean, look at the size difference! He pushed the other guy's arms a little, but he didn't even bulge! (I'm sure I would have stumbled a few steps) BRICK WALL ALERT. *head hits desk*

As expected, no way can he bulge this guy with his bulldozer method, but the match was still hilarious - the minute the other guy grab him, he's yelling "wait, wait a moment!!" like he cannot breathe with the other huge guy's shoulder against his throat. ^^;; He did that for both rounds. Haha.

HYEONG KON LOSES... T_T
After getting dunked, he kept jumping up and down, trying to get water out of his ears. He looked quite cute hopping up and down with his head tipped to one side! And his hair was sticking out in all directions, so the stylists gave him a towel to tie around his head. But the man still looks freaking handsome like that. Oh man. T_T My only complaint... why did he have to wear the black shirt inside. T_T The other contestants only wore the white shirt and when they come out from getting dunked, the view...whao. My-innocent-eyes! ><" . But I was only interested in seeing wet sexy Hyeong Kon with a half-translucent shirt... haiz~  *bricked by Jaehyung for various reasons. XD*
 
BONUS ROUND - PREGNANT WET CHICKEN
 
I'm not sure what is the actual name of this game, but I know SHINee played it on Shinhwa Broadcast before, and the subbers called in the "chicken game", so I'll just call this in-the-water-version, together with a balloon, the "pregnant wet chicken" game. Hyeongkon looked so cute like that but my still photos all turned out horribly blurred and I've not had the time to edit the fancam I took yet. So here's just a small preview:
 
This time round, Hyeong Kon was allocated into the red team, Ken in the blue team, and the red team decimated the blue team in a flash. ^^ THEN the MC dropped the bomb - the winning team have to compete among themselves for a chance to 'revive' themselves in the water wrestling game. Sans balloons this time.


Unlike the blue-versus-red game which was a total melee with everyone just attacking at once, the red-team-only game had everyone seated at the sides of the pool and joining the fray one-by-one as the counter struck every.... 20 seconds or so? Everyone was cautious and Hyeong Kon was the last to join, but only 1 person had 'died' before starting. So he had everyone else to compete against still - and OMG he's REALLY good at this. Whenever anyone came near him, he yelled "HYUNG URI GATTUN TEAM IEYO!" (hyung, we're on the same team!) and they hesistated, a bit confused, buying him time to run away/counter-attack - OH MY CLEVER SNEAKY HYEONGKON! I NEVER KNEW HE HAD THIS SIDE TO HIM! God I laughed sooo hard as my friend repeated what he was yelling! (I was too busy cheering and did not hear him clearly) So yes, he came out TOPS in this game....
 
.... then promptly proceeded to pick the same brick wall he lost to previously, for his rematch. I TAKE BACK MY WORDS ABOUT HIM BEING CLEVER. T_T
 
MATCH 3 (special rematch):  
 
 
Round 1. Mr Bear grabbed Hyeong Kon, with him yelling "Hyung, wait!!" and soon flipped him over to land in the water.
- Hyeong Kon: 0, Park Jun Hyung: 1 -
 
Round 2. A MIRACLE HAPPENED. By some strange manuveur which happened too fast too catch, Hyeong Kon managed to hook Mr. Bear off-balanced too as he was falling, so he flipped over and landed on top of Mr Bear instead! OH MY GOD! (I was screaming like a deranged fangirl at this point.)
- Hyeong Kon: 1, Park Jun Hyung: 1 -
 
Round 3: I was hoping that the miracle can repeat itself, but Mr Bear knew to be wary and he cannot underestimate Hyeong Kon, so he was cautious and yeah, won this round.  
- Hyeong Kon: 1, Park Jun Hyung: 2 -
 
HYEONG KON LOSES... BUT I DON'T CARE, HE MANAGED TO SCORE A POINT OFF MR BRICK WALL/BEAR AND THAT MAKE HIM ALL SUPERB IN MY BOOK. *_* That was totally unexpected!!!
 
According to my friend, Hyeong Kon was actually quite intelligent because he probably would have lost to all the other Dream Team regulars who were more well-built and bigger sized than him - so he might as well pick the biggest one then people would think it's a given that he would have lost, it's too much of an unfair match - so much so that even scoring a single point would be amazing. Which he indeed did. I can see her reasoning, come to think of it. ^^
 




 Hyeong Kon's surely settling into my 2nd top bias in A-JAX - in fact, I think I like his personality possibly more than Jaehyung's. (I've not had a chance to see Jaehyung in any variety recording so far, but got to stare at Hyeong Kon for 4 hrs at 1000 song challenge +5 hours tonight.) He does not randomly do the toothachingly-sweet fanservice, but is sincere, nice and polite to his fans. ^^ When he was getting ready for match 2, because his starting position was on the side opposite me, I just yelled his name and did the 'J' symbol that A-JAX often does with their thumbs and index fingers, and he smiled, nodded, and did it back. And when starting 3rd round, he was at my side, just a couple of metres in front of him, so I cheekily yelled "Hyeong Kon moshitta! (you're cool!) FIGHTING!" and he turned around and pumped his fist at me. ^^ When the recording ended, he was walking out and the pretty korean fan that I have often noticed at music shows was walking and talking with him (she's a Hyeong Kon bias from the start), together with the manager, I just ran over, passed him the dragonfruit Vitamin drink I bought for him, told him "sugohashasumnida!" and added "Please tell Jaehyung that Kimberly-noona says hi!" and he laughed and said "OK!".  
 
Another couple of random pictures of Ken for the VIXX fans - I like them too and would have taken more pictures of Ken, ie. Lee Jaehwan, but everytime he came out Hyeong Kon was there too so my camera auto-pilot just focused on Hyeong Kon... sorry Ken. ^^;;
 

After losing to Hyeong Kon and getting knocked out of the game, Ken just followed Shorry J like a little chick for the entire night, and 'faked MCed' with a water bottle, ie. made themselves amusing in general so that they would get more chances to be on camera. Clever boy. He has a future in variety hosting! Hyeong Kon was pretty quiet and stayed low-key, except to cheer for his hyungs. Chaosingsung's Geon Il was as bad, if not worse. I saw him hiding behind during the break and wolfing down an onigiri at 12plus am. Must be quite tired... halfway through the recording I saw some of the artists managers/staff sleeping already. ^^;;  
 
And for any Chaosingsung/Shorry J (I kept pronouncing it as Shorty J, oops ) fans
Another epic-ly unfair match... Geon Il was towering over Shorry J by about 30 cm. ^^.. But Shorry still made him fall once, somehow. *impressed*
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 

Labels:

About
Welcome to Spring Treasure, an international blog dedicated to A-JAX!

Owned by a crazy Jaehyung fan living in Seoul (but i like and will update for every member).

All photos/videos are taken by me unless stated otherwise.

PLEASE DO NOT RE-EDIT ANY MEDIA, ESP REMOVAL OF WATERMARKS.

DO NOT REUPLOAD ANY VIDEOS OR FANACCOUNTS.

ALWAYS CREDIT WHEN RE-POSTING ANYTHING.

Please feel free to leave your comments in any of the following languages:
English, Korean(한국어), Japanese(日本語), Chinese (中文).

Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.